Sunday, November 29, 2009

Time for a change

It's time to finally start blogging again! I stopped for about half a year because I started school again, got side-tracked and got out of the habit of blogging. I think it's about time now for me to start again lol.

My old blog was a mainly a fashion blog and I was really enjoying it. I was a fashion major at a community college and I thought that was what I wanted to do.

One day I went to New York City to apply for a fashion design internship and I realized that I do not want to be involved in that industry in any way! I mean, I always thought that the industry was really obsessed with looks and everything- but I always thought that I could ignore it\overcome it. But being surrounded by that environment constantly for an entire day was pretty soul-sucking and it made me realize that if I decided to dedicate my life to that profession I would essentially be dedicating my life to clothes. BORING! Since I suddenly abhored everything to do with fashion, I started to hate my old blog- so that's probably why it failed so miserably.

I switched to majoring in Sociology and Women's Studies which I find a LOT more interesting. Also, I think that it would be easier for me to feel as if I was really accomplishing something with my life with the sort of work I could do with that degree.

I don't really have any set idea of what this is going to turn out to be I'm just going to write whatever the hell I feel like writing about...it's my damn blog after all! It's probably going to be mostly about popular culture and women's issues (since that's what I'm majoring in).

So here's blogging: round 2, and let's hope this time I'm more successful with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment